Thursday, January 14, 2010

One applicant's juggling act

I called the PC placement office today - to verify the date I indicated I was available. My printed application says it's January 1, 2010. That date was changed at the time of my interview last August, and nominated for a Sept 2010 program in Central Asia that matches my public health background. I'm hoping I can dovetail my retirement date with a little time off, then embark on my Peace Corps tour of duty.

I found out that the program I was nominated for has been postponed until the end of September. So now I need to think more about what date to retire. I have May 31st in mind, but maybe I should postpone that a month - or not. Maybe I should think of Summer as time to acquire another "skill set"! Ha!

Lots of other things to consider - including if I'm not invited. Might just decide to volunteer at an organic farm or test my skills at a bakery.

As ever, sleep on it. Don't need to decide anything now. Be flexible. Be patient.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Margaret - I live in St. Paul and am leaving in March 2010 for Ukraine. I just saw your blog on PCJournals. What is your nomination for and where? (I know it is just a region but am curious). I am a "mid-career" person so I probably have a bit more in common with you than the folks just coming out of college. If there is anything I can answer for you or if you want to keep in touch, let me know.

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karin - I sent a separate response to you via the email address on your blog. Not only did we choose the same blog template (I think you made a great choice), but in reading your earlier posts we have the same birthday, December 4th! Regards and best wishes on your excellent PC adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Peggy (I hope I can call you Peggy, I love it, it's my grandmother's name)!

    Where's your nomination for? I'm also nominated for September 2010!

    Chelsie

    ReplyDelete