Wednesday, March 7, 2012

How to Tell if it's Spring Yet

Little things I notice as the weather gets warmer:
  • I can hang clothes outside on the clothes line
  • Tiny blue flowers poke thru the trashy weeds in the yard
  • I cut back on the layers of clothes I wear
  • Only 1 pair of gloves instead of 2, and no need to wear a hat (some days)
  • I can turn off my gas stove for several hours
  • I can take the brown monster sleeping bag off my bed
  • The roads and mud start to dry out
  • I don't have to wear my rubber boots to school
  • Lots of walnuts, hazelnuts, and almonds for sale at the bazar
  • Birds are chirping in the morning; and baby lambs bah-bah-ing
  • Daylight comes earlier and stays later; fewer cloudy days
  • People seem in a good mood.
The snow from a recent overnight storm has already melted. But the slog to school that first morning meant few kids attended plus the school had no heat. I did capture one brave little boy as he made his way ahead of me. It's no wonder that Novrus is so anticipated. It's been a long Winter.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment