Monday, May 3, 2010

It's gonna happen! Retirement that is!

After I called the Retirement Service Center this morning, I realized I've been putting more energy into my Peace Corps dream and much less thought into the finality of retiring. Saying out loud my last day of work was like splashing cold water on my face.
I've been so intent on lining up my Peace Corps documents that I've almost ignored this other major change: my feelings around leaving friends, work et al. Now I'm hoping that the next couple months of work will give me time to process retirement as another life passage.
But secretly . . . I'm still waiting for that official PC invite in the mail!

2 comments:

  1. It sure is easy to get wrapped up on the Peace Corps application process and forget about all the other aspects of your life, right? I'm not retiring, but I will be leaving a job that I've worked at for nearly 6 years and until I read your blog post, I'm not sure I gave much thought to that.(strange!)

    Good luck on getting your invite, what an exciting journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, M. AKA P. - congrats on your pending retirement! Nice to know I'm not the only one taking a less typical road into retirement. I added my email info on my blog: there are rocks in my river. Would love to stay in touch so we can compare notes. Great luck cleaning your closets!

    ReplyDelete