Sunday, May 29, 2011

End of School Year

Even tho' I work with English teachers during the school year, TEFL volunteers are busy with many other activities over the Summer. I've got English clubs planned, a one-week activities "camp" for 30 youngsters at the end of June, a teachers "camp" on teaching methods the end of August, plus help other PCVs who also run camps during the next 3 months. That will give me a chance to see other parts of Azerbaijan too.

My most pressing issue is to get into independent housing by mid-June. PC sets standards for us and I've finally identified a large house which needs some updating. After that is approved, I expect to get healthy by cooking some meals for myself and putting on some pounds. Here's an exterior photo of the house that I visited - less than 20 minute walk to my school. That's the kitchen window above the would-be balcony - both of which will be repaired. More photos to follow if PC approves this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment