Saturday, June 4, 2011

Getting Ready for Summer

I know I am feeling much better when I can laugh at buying a KitKat to speed my recovery from pneumonia. Do you know how hard it is to txt that word? I've been texting that "p" word to my PCV friends after it was confirmed by PC doc and a chest x-ray.

I don't ever recall feeling so tired and exhausted. That was last week, and after a round of antibiotics and gatorade, I'm much better. I am really working at increasing my daily calorie consumption too, and that's how I justify that KitKat. 
I've changed my breakfast routine to include a bowl of Nestle/Gen Mills Fitness cereal with 3.4% milk. The nearby tandoor place not only makes fresh bread each morning but also roasts chicken, so one can tide me over for several days of protein. During the day I've also been snacking on some ritz-type crackers. I went to the bazar Friday to get some fresh fruit, greens, and the fixins for some trail mix. Nuts and dried fruit are plentiful here but also expensive. Strawberries have been in season for several weeks and eggplants are showing up in the markets too.

Here's a view looking East from Sally's balcony. In the midst of illness, I moved my things from my host family's to site mate Sally's apartment. She is vacationing out of the country until next week, so I've been happy to do things on my own again. It sounds so simple to say I did laundry, so someday I will go thru the steps to get water, heat the water, rinse clothes, and hang on a line so that no one knows you have underwear.

With the end of school, I don't feel guilty about hanging around at home, reading, watching movies, or catching up on the news via the internet.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Peggy,
    I have been reading PCV blogs for a while now but have not commented before. This is a test.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It worked. I just sat here and read all of your blogs at least from swearing in to the present. Very interesting. I am an AZ9 and will be heading to Azerbaijan on September 24th - my birthday! I'll be 62. I am so excited. Of course, I have no idea where I will be. I am a Youth Development Volunteer. Not totally sure what that means, even after reading the job description. I think it is what you make it. Anyway, I will continue to read your blog. Thank you. Kathy Forcey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marge....
    I've been so bad at writing you, but today I decided to update myself with your blogs. It is so interesting to read about your conversation classes and the fact that the school doesn't have a copy machine. Just demonstates how fortunate we are here in the US. Life has been a balancing act continuing to ride through Steven's health issues. The first of May he went into the hospital in renal failure. He is now on dialysis and doing okay. But he has other issues nausea and vomiting that hasn't been solved yet. Flash is coming to Mpls this coming week as her uncle is dying. She is his POA, etc. He has been in a nursing home for 3 yrs now. Mary Anderson is doing well on her Parkinson's meds. Marcy and Annie B are doing fine. Lynn Fazendin is selling their Montana home. That's all I know for now. Praying for you...Patti Dye

    ReplyDelete